wood back

Thursday, August 21, 2014

It is mah birthday. Here's an August refash

Not sure if it's simple summer malaise or my usual personality, but today is my birthday and I wish I could add some exclamation points to that.
Some time ago, I showed you this muumuu:
I have this annoying habit of wanting to keep dresses as dresses (or in this case, old lady nighties as dresses.) I'm always a little bummed when refashions are dresses to skirts. So, I gave this article of clothing a try.
 I took it in in back, and added some darts in front. I just folded up the sleeves and sewed them like that. Then, I did the sash waist thing. Not bad, but I just didn't see myself wearing it. I knew what I had to do.
chop
I folded and pinned. Raw edges, don't care, it was a $1 muumuu. I sewed up a nice casing for the elastic.
I used that thick elastic and it was pretty easy to work with. So...now it's a skirt. Not totally exciting, but I love midi skirts. Now I have an item that I'll actually wear. Here's my outfit:
Posing is kinda hard.
 Oh, hello, midriff.
Terrible posing aside, how do you feel about the skirt? I like the big roses and the fact that it's pretty much just a sack of fabric, thus pretty comfortable. This is my go to summer outfit. A mid-length or long skirt with a cropped tee. You see, a skirt can be long and granny-ish, you just have to wear it with a tiny top. It all balances out.
Speaking of big, obnoxious flowers, here's a teaser of another dress that I hope to complete some day:
It kinda looks like I have crazy eyes. I do not have crazy eyes!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Erica! Love the big rose print on the skirt. Nice job. Fascinatedvto see what you'll create from the big-obnoxious-flowers dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Wait no longer...well, an hour or two. I came to a hard decision earlier this month, and I'm in the midst of coping with it, only to get some pretty bad news yesterday. So, here I am crying into a bold colored, flowery dress (which I did put on and get some pics of). I'm going to show my very happy looking attire alongside a very sad story.

    ReplyDelete