wood back

Monday, March 10, 2014

Thrift Hoard: Dress Love

This week has been pretty blah. I got new glasses.
And then we had a really nice Saturday with beautiful weather. It will always be winter in my heart...
What?! What's the big deal? You know, a lot of people go through rough patches that last a year or two. I don't think I want the spring to come :(
Look at muh dresses!
 It's so beautiful. It was probably made in the 80s with an old timey retro look. It's a good thing I'm just not into pink, I would have a hard time parting with it. Listed! pink, silk dress on Etsy
Look at this one.

I just love it's stripes. And it's comfortable fit, with belted waist. Also, it's new with tags. Listed it. black with stripes knit dress on Etsy

You know what that is? It's a cummerbund slung over a pillow. Sadly, it's not there because some groomsman got lucky after a wedding. I got it for a couple of bucks for a DIY clothing project. Soon...
I've never listed jewelry, but I like brooches. Anyway, look at this.
I like vintage brooches, but I also really like boats. This $1.00 pin isn't exactly my style, so I want to list it. I have a sneaking suspicion it could be Bakelite. I don't have any of the necessary chemicals for testing it, and the internets told me not to do the hot pin test. I'll get the stuff to test it, eventually.

That one was only $0.69. So, I'm guessing it's not antique 14k. I just like the atomic-looking sharpness.
I'm tired. Time to get ready and go to bed early in order to deal with the time change! I say with a clenched jaw smile.
One of the most somber songs ever; Winter by Tori Amos

No comments:

Post a Comment